A salute to service members and veterans of the UNMC family
|Kurtis Cornish, Ph.D., professor and vice chair for education in the School of Allied Health Professions, served in the U.S. Army in Vietnam. To see other veterans and service members with UNMC ties, click the link in the story.|
The following service members, veterans or their families shared photos with UNMC Today. We salute them, as well as the other active duty and veteran service members in the UNMC family and across the city, state and country, on this Veterans Day.
For a photo album of UNMC service members and veterans, click here. Click on the photos to see them full-screen; to view captions, move the cursor to the bottom of the screen.
- Fred Williamson, U.S. Navy corpsman, is the father of UNMC's Susan Brusnahan. He served from 1944 through 1956, during World War II and the Korean War.
- UNMC's Kurtis Cornish, Ph.D., served in the U.S. Army in Vietnam from 1969 to 1970.
- Andrew Houdesheldt, son of UNMC's Lisa Houdeshelt, is a U.S. Army medic.
- Staff Sgt. Delanie Stafford, in the U.S. Air Force, is the husband of UNMC's Tara Stafford.
- Retired SFC Dimitri Pavlov, a U.S. Army Airborne Ranger, is the husband of UNMC's Pamela Pavlov.
- Sgt. D. Bradley Kee, U.S. Army on active duty, is the son of UNMC's Pamela Pavlov.
- Spc. Dustin Dalton, U.S. Army on active duty, is the nephew of UNMC's Pamela Pavlov.
- UNMC's Maj. Dennis Rieke, Nebraska National Guard.
- Maj. Patrick Williams, U.S. Army, son of UNMC's Sheryl Williams.
- Airman Mac Williams, U.S. Air Force, grandson of UNMC's Sheryl Williams.
- UNMC nursing student Sgt. Nick Hornig, U.S. Army National Guard.
- UNMC nursing student Tech. Sgt. Pamela Jirsa, U.S. Air Force.
- UNMC nursing student Tatiana Gonzalez, E-5, U.S. Air Force.
- UNMC's Paul Hansen, D.D.S., U.S. Air Force, 1975-1995.
- SSgt. Andrew D. Reed, U.S. Air Force, nephew of UNMC's Patricia Hageman, Ph.D.
- SSgt. Anjelle M. Reed, U.S. Air Force, niece of UNMC's Patricia Hageman, Ph.D.
- UNMC nursing student Tech. Sgt. Tiffany Ebueng, U.S. Air Force.
- U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Tim Cohen, son-in-law of UNMC's Amy Lamer.
- UNMC's Stephanie Kasper, CRNA, U.S. Naval Reserves
- PFC. John C. Lowell, U.S. Army, grandfather of UNMC's John Ingraham.
- Sgt. Clarence G. Ingraham, U.S. Army, great-uncle of UNMC's John Ingraham.
- Cpl. Edwin L. Ingraham, U.S. Army Air Corp, father of UNMC's John Ingraham.
- Lt. Felix Lopez, U.S. Air Force, uncle of UNMC's Teresa Ingraham.
- Sergeant John C. Ingraham, U.S. Marine Corps, son of UNMC's John and Teresa Ingraham.
- Capt. Gary Austin, husband of UNMC's Kathy Austin, retired from U.S. Navy in 1993.
- MSgt. Christopher Reams is the brother-in-law of UNMC's Robin Jaeckel.
- Sgt. Warren Winther, father of UNMC's Sandy Winther Overman.
- UNMC's Jay Clark, former U.S. Navy Chief.
Joining Forces Wellness Week