Sponsored by the Global Health Student & Faculty Advisory Committee, International Week will provide opportunities for the UNMC community to meet and mingle with people from around the world.
Enjoy morning or afternoon tea on Tuesday and pick up a passport while you are there. Don't forget to get it stamped. The person with the most stamps will be entered into a prize drawing to be held at the sports tournament on Friday. Those attending the teas are encouraged to wear attire representing their country or ethnic heritage.
Other activities for the week include two movie nights and a sports tournament with prizes. The winners of the photography contest will be displayed all week at each of the events.
Dates, times and locations for all of the week's activities are listed below.
Tuesday, Nov. 12:
- Morning tea from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Durham Research Center commons. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Afternoon tea from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the College of Nursing Center for Nursing Science commons. Light refreshments will be provided.
- "Jean de Florette" will be shown at 7 p.m. in the Durham Research Center auditorium. The building opens at 6:30 p.m., with popcorn and water provided. Set in a rural French village, the film tells of the conflict between an old man and the greedy landowner who tries to bankrupt him. For more information, click here.
Wednesday, Nov. 13:
- "Samsara" will be shown at 7 p.m. in the Durham Research Center auditorium. The building opens at 6:30 p.m., with popcorn and water provided. "Samsara" explores the wonders of the world from the mundane to the miraculous and was filmed over a period of almost five years in 25 countries. For more information, click here.
Thursday, Nov. 15:
- Mixed, singles and doubles ping pong and badminton tournaments from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Center for Healthy Living. Snacks provided. Register online for the sports tournament here. Participants need to register by Nov. 11 and can enter in up to two categories.