Nominations sought for research faculty awards
|Amarnath Natarajan, Ph.D., was honored as a Distinguished Scientist earlier this year. The Office of Vice Chancellor for Research is now calling for nominations for the next round of research awards.|
- Scientist Laureate.
- Research Leadership.
- Distinguished Scientist.
- New Investigator.
These awards recognize UNMC faculty for their outstanding research achievements and sustained contributions to UNMC's research mission. The deadline for nominations is Dec. 6.
Nominees for the Distinguished Scientist Award must:
- Have a minimum of one year service at UNMC prior to the award year.
- Be an associate professor or above.
- Have a history of extramural funding at UNMC.
Nominees for Scientist Laureate must:
- Meet all the criteria for Distinguished Scientist.
- Have a minimum of five years of service at UNMC prior to the award year.
Nominees for the New Investigator Award must:
- Be UNMC faculty members who have received their first independent national funding in the past fiscal year (2012-2013).
- Be an assistant professor or above.
The Research Leadership Award is a new category that will recognize past Distinguished Scientists with a record of consistent national funding.
Final candidates will be selected based upon publication number and impact, research funding and evidence of research leadership and collaboration.
Anyone is eligible to submit a nomination. Please submit your nominations to Linda Wilkie, 402-559-7649, in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research by Dec. 6.