Student spotlight - Meet Cassandra PirroneEducation is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission, and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life. In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals. Today we meet:
- Name: Cassandra Pirrone
- Hometown: Omaha, Neb.
- Program/Year: Dental hygiene/2014
- "Say Something," by A Great Big World
- "Timber," by Pitbull, featuring Ke$ha
- "Your Love," by The Outfield
I always knew I wanted a career in the health field but it wasn't until I started volunteering at the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, fondly known as the "Tooth Truck," that I knew I wanted a career in dentistry. During the two and half years I volunteered there, we would travel to multiple schools and provide dental treatments such as prophys, sealants, restorations and extractions to underprivileged children at no cost. I loved being able to educate them on the importance of dental hygiene and enjoyed helping them get the care they needed. I hope to be able to work in a pediatric office and continue my passion for helping others!
Your favorite study snack is:
Your favorite app is:
Three things people may not know about you:
- My favorite thing to eat for breakfast is chocolate cake.
- I had 3 plates and 30 screws in my left arm.
- I used to play the violin.