Student Spotlight - Meet Carolyn Corn
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
Today we meet:
- Name: Carolyn Corn
- Hometown: Omaha
- Program/Year: College of Pharmacy, third year
Name three songs on your playlist:
- "Everywhere," by Tim McGraw
- "She Ain't You," by Chris Brown
- "If I Lose Myself," by Collin McLoughlin
What sparked your interest in pharmacy?
I became interested in pharmacy in high school, and for my senior project I researched pharmacy as a potential career. After shadowing in college I decided that this was the perfect career for me.
Your favorite study snack is:
Sunflower seeds and sixlets.
Your favorite app is:
Instagram and QuizUp.
Three things people may not know about you:
- I am the secretary of BTC, which is our organization on campus that provides health education sessions and health fairs for refugees in the Omaha area.
- I have spent the last year doing research at the College of Pharmacy. One of the studies that I have been fortunate enough to work on is the incorporation of rapid diagnostic testing for strep and influenza into community pharmacies. This study is currently being expanded, and it now includes all Omaha area Hy-Vee pharmacies (where I also work).
- I am currently training for my first half marathon
Carolyn - great interview. Congratulations on being our Spot Light.