|Jingwei Xie, Ph.D.|
- Name: Jingwei Xie, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Anhui Province, China.
- New title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and regenerative medicine program
Biomaterials, cell-materials interaction, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, drug delivery
How I fell in love with tissue engineering:
A broken car can be fixed by replacement of parts. A similar idea also is used for human beings. When I first realized that tissue engineering is about to replace, repair and regenerate functional tissues or even organs, I thought it was amazing and fell in love with it. Now I am exploring the use of nanostructured scaffolds, stem cells and signaling molecules to create functional tissues for various applications.
- B.S. and M.S. in chemical engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, China
- Ph.D. in chemical and biomolecular engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Senior scientist, Marshall Institute for Interdisciplinary Research, Marshall University, Huntington, W.V.
- Post-doctoral fellow, department of biomedical engineering, Washington University in St. Louis
- American Institute for Chemical Engineers, 2012
Three things people may not know about me:
- I enjoyed playing basketball when I was in college.
- I love hiking with family.
- I like to know different people and learn from them.