In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
Today we meet:
- Name: Aditya Bade
- Hometown: Pathardi, a small town in Maharashtra, State of India
- Program/Year: Third-year Ph.D. student, pharmacology/experimental neuroscience.
List three songs on your playlist:
- "Thriftshop," by Macklemore
- "Let It Go," by Idina Menzel (from "Frozen")
- "Sadda Haq," a Hindi song by Mohit Chauhan (from "Rockstar")
What sparked your interest in the Ph.D. program?
I flew to the United States to pursue my master's at UNMC in the pharmacology and experimental neuroscience department. But after one year, I decided to switch to the Ph.D. program due to the great innovative scientific environment at UNMC.
Your favorite study snack is:
Your favorite app is:
Three things people may not know about you:
- I am a registered pharmacist in India.
- I am good at playing any sport.
- I like to travel and see what the world has to offer. In the last three years, I have been to Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Denver and Kansas City, Mo., in the U.S.. Also, I have been to Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane in Australia and Grand Island of Bahamas.
Congratulations, Aditya! You have truly made a lasting impression on UNMC and our diverse student population. Thank you for being willing to put in all of the extra effort you do to make such a difference!
Well deserved spotlight, Aditya! Another thing people may not know about you is your unwavering dedication and leadership. As the Graduate Student Association International Student Chair, you have far exceeded any expectations that we had for this position and the impact it has had on our international and national student population. Your contributions to International Student Orientation Week and the Ambassador Program are exceptional and will be long-lasting on our UNMC campus. Congratulations!