|Rory Sallach Ruma|
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
Today we meet:
- Name: Rory Sallach Ruma
- Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
- Program/Year: Doctor of Pharmacy, fourth year
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Stubborn Love," by the Lumineers
- "Let Him Fly," by Patty Griffin
- "Build Your Kingdom Here," by the Rend Collective
What sparked your interest in pharmacy?
I wanted the opportunity to impact people's health. Who do you see more than your pharmacist?
Your favorite study snack is:
Diet Mountain Dew
Your favorite app is:
Pinterest. I'm addicted.
Three things people may not know about you:
- In May 2014, I will be a Dr. Dr. I have a Ph.D. in bioengineering and will soon have a Pharm.D. (if all goes well).
- I've played soccer with elephants in Kenya, swam with the sharks of the Galapagos, petted the hump of a humpback whale in Mexico and hiked the Scottish Highlands and the ruins of Machu Picchu, Peru.
- I've gone all the way to Africa to work on this pharmacy degree. I had a rotation at a hospital in Cameroon in western Africa.