Spotlight on new faculty - Meet Shilpa Buch, Ph.D.
|Shilpa Buch, Ph.D.|
Name: Shilpa Buch, Ph.D.
Title: Professor and vice chairwoman for research
- Lead an active program on the synergistic interactions of neuroAIDS and drug abuse;
- Mentor junior faculty and post-docs; and
Specialty: Molecular mechanisms of HIV neuropathogenesis, neuroprotection and hyperoxic lung injury
Degree: Ph.D. from Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, India, 1982
- Department of cell biology, Health Sciences Center, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada;
- Department of biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario; and
- Division of Neonatal Research, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto.
All UNMC departments are encouraged to send information on new faculty members to UNMC Today at email@example.com. Using the above format, please include the person's title, specialty, previous position(s), doctoral degree, residency, fellowships and memberships. Also include their clinic hours and a phone number for patients interested in making an appointment. Faculty photos are welcome.