Wellness Wednesday - 'Push ups for Haiti' in the DOC West atrium on FridayThe push up challenge to raise money for the UNMC Haitian Relief and Outreach Fund is set for Friday at noon in the Durham Outpatient Center West Atrium.
- Chuck Brown, UNMC Today editor;
- Susannah Logsdon, compliance coordinator for the Institutional Review Board;
- Peter Pellerito, fitness specialist in the Center for Healthy Living;
- Christine Gilling, graduate assistant in the department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy;
- Aaron Persinger, second-year medical student;
- Thomas Hejkal, M.D., chairman of the department of ophthalmology and visual sciences; and
- Aaron Pilley, graduate student.
All are seeking sponsors to raise money for the Haiti fund, which supports UNMC's volunteer efforts in the earthquake-ravaged nation. Sponsors can pledge to give on a per-push up basis (example: $2 per push up) or simply pledge a flat donation.
There's also still time to get in on the challenge. Those who want to participate should contact Chuck Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-8329, then get some sponsors and show up Friday ready to knock out some push ups.
How to donate
Donations can be made online or through the mail at:
Omaha Office of the University of Nebraska Foundation
2285 S. 67th St. Suite 200
Omaha, NE 68106
Also, UNMC public relations staff members will be on hand Friday for those who want to donate then.
When donating through the mail or at the event on Friday, make checks payable to the University of Nebraska Foundation and write "Haiti" in the memo line.