The researcher -- Howard Fox, M.D., Ph.D., professor in the department of pharmacology and experimental neurosciences (PEN) -- joined the challenge thanks to some thoughtful graduate students who signed him up.
There's still time to get into the challenge, which will take place at noon in the Durham Outpatient Center West Atrium. To sign up, just contact Chuck Brown at email@example.com or 559-8329, then get some sponsors and show up on Friday.
The roster for the challenge as of Wednesday afternoon was as such:
- Dr. Howard Fox;
- Lori Dawson;
- Jessica Hutter Saunders, a PEN graduate research assistant;
- Thomas Hejkal, M.D., chairman of the department of ophthalmology and visual sciences;
- Chuck Brown, UNMC Today editor;
- Susannah Logsdon, compliance coordinator for the Institutional Review Board;
- Peter Pellerito, fitness specialist in the Center for Healthy Living;
- Christine Gilling, graduate assistant in the department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy;
- Aaron Persinger, second-year medical student; and
- Aaron Pilley, graduate student.
All participants seek sponsors to raise money for the Haiti fund, which supports UNMC's volunteer efforts in the earthquake-ravaged nation. Sponsors can pledge to give on a per-push up basis (example: $2 per push up) or simply pledge a flat donation.
To sponsor any of the above participants, click on his or her name and send an e-mail that outlines how much you will give.