In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
|Amrita Datta Chaudhuri|
- Name: Amrita Datta Chaudhuri
- Hometown: Kolkata, India
- Year/ Program: fourth year/ pharmacology and experimental neuroscience
What is your best memory from your time at UNMC?
Last month I got the wonderful opportunity to present my research at the International Student Research Forum at Tokyo and at another forum Tongji University in Shanghai. We got to interact with graduate students from four different countries and learn about their graduate programs and research interests. I was also greatly impressed by the enthusiasm and hospitality of the students from Tokyo and Togji University.
Our four brand values are leadership, commitment to excellence, working together and being a trusted resource. Pick one and tell us a time you witnessed it embodied at UNMC.
Working together. Working in a laboratory setting, I experience this every day. We work together to develop new experimental protocols and help each other with study design. The latest instance was earlier this week when I had to learn a technique for primary neuronal culture. Although, it was the first time I performed this procedure, the help and advice that I got from my lab mates, made it much easier.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I am a big soccer fan and ardently support Real Madrid.
- I love seafood and an authentic Indian fish curry is probably what I miss most about home.
- I have a reversible Christmas vest that helped me win second prize in our lab's ugly sweater contest.
Dear Amrita, good to see you in UNMC newsroom! I remember that x-mas ugly sweater contest!! Congratulations!