NOTE: This profile is part of a series to highlight the 23 researchers who will be honored May 22 at a ceremony for UNMC's 2011 Scientist Laureate, Distinguished Scientist and New Investigator award recipients.
|Susan Swindells, M.B.B.S.|
- Name: Susan Swindells, M.B.B.S.
- Title: Professor
- Joined UNMC: 1991
- Hometown: Manchester, England
Describe your research in laymen's terms.
We investigate how HIV infection causes disease and work to find the best treatments for HIV infection and its complications.
How do you want your research to translate to benefit patients?
Better, simpler treatments and ideally those that would eradicate the infection altogether.
What is the best piece of advice anyone ever gave you, professional or personal?
"Trust No One." -- Special Agent Fox Mulder, the X-Files
List three things few people know about you.
- I play tennis twice a week whenever possible and have a wicked backhand.
- My pies are very good, especially fruit pies.
- My singing voice is terrible.
The Truth is out there.