NOTE: This profile is part of a series to highlight the 23 researchers who will be honored today at a ceremony for UNMC's 2011 Scientist Laureate, Distinguished Scientist and New Investigator award recipients.
|Tony Hollingsworth, Ph.D.|
- Name: Tony Hollingsworth PhD
- Title: Professor in the Eppley Institute
- Joined UNMC: 1991
- Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Describe your research in laymen's terms.
We study the biology of pancreatic cancer and try to use this information to devise new diagnostic tests and therapies.
How do you want your research to translate to benefit patients?
We seek to discover new diagnostic tests and therapies for pancreatic cancer.
What is the best piece of advice anyone ever gave you, professional or personal?
My mother taught me: "Give everything your best effort."
List three things few people know about you.
- I've been skydiving -- twice.
- I played the tuba in high school.
- I was president of the scuba club in high school.