INBRE Scholars - Meet Alexander StockTwenty-eight students from nine different undergraduate and community college programs have joined the Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) program this summer.
- Expose students to serious biomedical research;
- Build a statewide biomedical research infrastructure between undergraduate and graduate institutions; and
- Strengthen each undergraduate institution's infrastructure and increase its capacity to conduct cutting-edge biomedical and behavioral research.
Below, we get to know more about INBRE scholar Alexander Stock.
- Name: Alexander Stock
- Hometown: North Sioux City, S.D.
- School: Creighton University
My interest in science was influenced by my parents and the amazing teachers I've had since elementary school. Science is like a puzzle. It excites me because the number of ways to solve the puzzle is never limited to a single path. ... It is my goal to pursue a M.D./Ph.D. degree. I believe that a combination of degrees will make me a stronger scientist and perform research in the medical field with an advanced knowledge of biochemistry. I hope that the research I perform in the future will lead to the development of new treatments for disease.