The webinar runs from 2:30 to 4 p.m. in the Maurer Center for Public Health, Room 3013.
Presented by the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services and hosted by the UNMC College of Public Health, the webinar will focus on the public health and health care implications of the recent Supreme Court decision on the Affordable Care Act.
It will feature a roundtable discussion and speakers such as:
- Former U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle;
- Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Administration;
- Sheila Burke, senior public policy adviser;
- Mindy Hatton, general counsel for the American Hospital Association;
- Karen Ignagni, president of America's Health Insurance Plans;
- Ron Pollack, executive director of Families USA; and
- Sonya Schwartz, program director of the National Academy for State Health Policy.
Q&A to follow
After the webinar, Bob Bartee, vice chancellor for external affairs, and Mark Bowen, director of government relations, and Jim Stimpson, Ph.D., associate professor in the College of Public Health, will take questions about the newly-approved law.
Contact Paula Cooper at 402-559-9349 for more information about the event.