Name: P.J. Schenarts, M.D.
|P.J. Schenarts, M.D.|
Specialty: Trauma and surgical critical care, emergency medicine
Medical degree: M.D. from University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Conn.
Residency: General surgery internship/residency at Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine
- NIH trauma research at University of Texas Medical Branch and Shriner's Burn Institute in Galveston, Texas; and
- Trauma surgery and Surgical Critical Care at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tenn.
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; and
- American Board of Surgery, Special Certification in Surgical Critical Care.
- American College of Surgeons;
- American Trauma Society;
- American College of Chest Physicians;
- Association for Surgical Education;
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma;
- Society of Critical Care Medicine;
- Shock Society;
- Charles Rob Student Surgical Society;
- Association of Military Surgeons;
- Southeastern Surgical Congress;
- Association for Academic Surgery;
- Association of Program Directors in Surgery; and
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
Military service: Lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army Medical Corp with four deployments in Afghanistan and two in Iraq.
Clinic hours: Trauma clinic, Durham Outpatient Center, level 5, Monday and Wednesdays (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)