Apply now for the management seriesApplications for the Management Series -- an eight-month professional development experience specially designed for UNMC supervisors, managers and administrators -- are due Sept. 11.
Why take the course
Participants develop necessary tools for effective leadership. The series helps foster skills in:
- Visionary and strategic thinking;
- Leadership and team building;
- Communication; and
- Other contemporary topics in the ever-changing management landscape.
Participants must make a commitment to the entire series, with the endorsement of their immediate supervisors.
Enrollment is limited to support a highly interactive format, therefore, early application is recommended.
The monthly sessions will start on Oct. 11. View a poster with session dates, times and summaries of session discussion points.
View more information about the management series online or contact Margaret Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-4371.
- Characteristics effective leaders;
- Meaningful feedback and coaching for teams;
- Characteristics of highly effective teams;
- Managing change situations in the workplace;
- The importance of leadership through change;
- Principles of strengths-based leadership;
- Use of motivation, rewards and recognition;
- Budget, regulatory and compliance processes at UNMC; and
- Diversity issues in a multi-generational workplace.