New faculty senate officers announced
The officers are:
- President -- Audrey Nelson, Ph.D., College of Nursing;
- Immediate past president -- Wayne Stuberg, Ph.D., Munroe-Meyer Institute;
- Vice President/President elect -- Connie Miller, Ph.D., College of Nursing; and
- Secretary/Treasurer -- Myron Toews, Ph.D., College of Medicine.
The senate serves as the governing body empowered to represent the UNMC faculty. It includes a total of 43 members with representatives from each major academic unit.
Newly elected senators for 2012-13 include:
College of Medicine
- William Burke, M.D.
- Allison Cushman-Vokoun, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jason Johanning, M.D.
- Debra Reilly, M.D.
- Jing (Jenny) Wang, Ph.D.