Distinguished Scientist Mark Mailliard, M.D.
Mark Mailliard, M.D.
The Distinguished Scientist Award
The Distinguished Scientist Award -- which is sponsored by the chancellor -- recognizes researchers who have been among the most productive scientists in the country during the past five years.
- Name: Mark Mailliard, M.D.
- Title: Professor and chief, UNMC Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, College of Medicine
- Joined UNMC: September 1998
- Hometown: Omaha
Hepatitis C infection
The goal of my research is to understand the natural history of hepatitis C and to eradicate the infection.
My research will make a difference because it promotes the cure of hepatitis C in all infected Nebraskans.
The best advice I've ever been given is to marry my wife, Mary.
Three things you may not know about me
- I absolutely have to do the Sunday crossword puzzle.
- I love to read fiction, especially historical and sci-fi.
- I collect maps and atlases.