Meet UNMC Distinguished Scientist Tatiana Bronich, Ph.D.UNMC researcher Tatiana Bronich, Ph.D., answers questions about her work, life and interests.
|Tatiana Bronich, Ph.D.|
- Name: Tatiana Bronich, Ph.D.
- Title: Professor in the College of Pharmacy
- Joined UNMC: 1995
- Hometown: Moscow
Describe your research in laymen's terms.
We are interested in understanding how various polymer molecules recognize, interact with each other and form supramolecular structures. We use these assemblies as a tool to produce nanostructured materials for application in drug delivery.
How do you want your research to translate to benefit patients?
I would consider myself lucky if the knowledge that was gained in our research could be translated into efficient therapeutic strategy that can add to patient survival and well-being.
What is the best piece of advice anyone ever gave you, professional or personal?
Maintain focus and always be open minded.
List three things few people know about you.
- I used to act with a drama group and perform pantomime.
- I love cooking and singing, sometimes simultaneously.
- I helped my mother, a professor of chemistry, grade student tests when I was in sixth grade.