Barbara J. Sittner, RN, PhD
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
Room CCRT 316
Commerce Court 1230 O Street, Ste 131
City, NE 68588-0220
tel: (402) 472-7376
Dr. Sittner is an assistant professor at College of Nursing and received her diploma in nursing from Bryan Memorial Hospital School of Nursing. In addition, she completed both her BSN and MSN at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing. She completed her PhD at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus. Dr. Sittner's clinical background includes perinatal nursing (high-risk and low-risk), nursing case management, and practiced as a Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to teaching obstetrics.
- Dr. Sittner has taught obstetrics in both Traditional and Accelerated BSN programs
- Dr. Sittner has taught Healthcare Systems in the MSN program.
- Dr. Sittner has incorporated human patient simulation into clinical instruction
- Improving patient safety through human patient simulation as an intervention.
- Incorporating human patient simulation into nursing education.
- Psychosocial aspects of high-risk pregnancies.
- Family strengths in nursing.
- CenteringPregnancy® Program for People’s Health Center. Nebraska March of Dimes Chapter Community Grant (2009).
- Simulated Training for Enhancing Patient Safety with Rapid Response Teams. UNMC College of Nursing Dean's Research Grant (2007).
- Member of integrated Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) grant team to assess AHEC sites for educational needs and coordinate assignment of undergraduate and advanced practice nursing students (2004).
- As a faculty member, Course Coordinator for Family Centered Maternity and Women's Health Nursing
- Consultant for community hospital's pre-admission case management program
- Instructional Technology Scholars Program (2009).
- 2009 Marquis Who's Who® in America.
- 2008 Marquis Who's Who® in America.
- Editorial Board-Clinical Simulation in Nursing journal.
- Program Committee Member-International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL).
- Editorial Board-The Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing.
- Member-Grant ReviewCommittee for March of Dimes, Nebraska Chapter.
- Member-Sigma Theta Tau International-Gamma Pi Chapter.
- Member- Association of Woman's Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
- Member-National League for Nursing (NLN).
- Member-Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS).
- Advisory Board-Saunders-Elsevier Inc., Maternity Nursing/Women's Health Nursing.
- Member-International Building Family Strengths Consortium.
"Timing is Everything"