Diane Brage-Hudson, RN, PhD
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
PO Box 880220
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220
tel: (402) 472-7353
Dr. Hudson is an associate professor in the College of Nursing. She received her bachelors degree from South Dakota State University, Brookings SD; her masters degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE; and her doctoral degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Dr. Hudson's clinical background is women's health nursing. Dr. Hudson joined the faculty at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing in 1983.
- Dr. Hudson has taught courses in women's health nursing including maternity nursing at the undergraduate level.
- Dr. Hudson has taught nursing research at the undergraduate level.
- Dr. Hudson has taught knowledge development, nursing theory and nursing theory at the graduate level.
- Dr. Hudson serves as an advisor and a committee member for PhD students. She serves as an advisor for DNP students.
- Researcher for Impact of Community-based Management on Birth Outcomes: External Evaluation of Omaha Healthy Start.; HRSA Maternal and Child Health Bureau, $50,000; .2 FTE, 2012-2014
- Dr. Hudson's research focuses on testing the effectiveness of an electronic-based social support intervention for single, low-income, African American mothers. Data are collected about mothers' psychological outcomes, parenting outcomes, and health care utilization outcomes.
- Dr. Hudson received funding for her electronic social support intervention study from the National Institute of Nursing Research.(PI, #220,500, 2005)
- Recipient of the Pennie Z. Davis Research Award, 2008
- Midwest Nursing Reserach Society, Nominations Committee member, 2004-2005, Student Poster Committee member, 2014-2016
- Provision of parenting education and support to vulnerable families via a web-based intervention created by Dr. Hudson and her colleagues. The web-intervention includes an electronic library, e-mail access to advanced practice nurses, and discussion forums.
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Gamma Pi At-Large Chapter, President, 2003-2005