Janet E. Cuddigan, RN, PhD, FAAN
Chair, Adult Health and Illness Department
Interim Chair, Community-Based Health Department
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68588-5330
tel: (402) 559-6612
Dr. Cuddigan received her bachelors degree in nursing from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She received her masters and doctoral degrees in nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and completed a post doctoral fellowship through the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Iowa City, IA and the University of Iowa. Dr. Cuddigan's clinical background is in critical care nursing. Her primary research interests are in physiological measures of pressure ulcer prediction in critically ill patients.
- Undergraduate classroom and clinical instruction in medical surgical nursing and critical care.
- Supervision of graduate student research projects in the area pressure ulcer ulcer prevention and treatment.
- Guest lecturer in interdisciplinary courses.
- National and international presentations on pressure ulcer prevention and treatment.
- Physiological measures of pressure ulcer risk in critically ill patients.
- Patterns of pressure loading and redistribution in pediatric intensive care patients.
- Design, implementation and monitoring of evidence based practice protocols to prevent pressure ulcers in acute care facilities.
- Risk factors for intertriginous dermatitis development in hospitalized patients.
- Member of the Skin and Wound Advisory Team (SWAT) at The Nebraska Medical Center
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel Board, of Directors
- Co-captain of the "Pressure Ulcer Stream" for the World Union of Wound Healing Societies' Conference in Toronto, Canada, June 2008.
- Co-Chair, NPUAP-EPUAP International Guideline Development Panel on Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment
- Member, International Wound Infection Institute
- Baranoski Founder's Award for Excellence in Pressure Ulcer Care, 1999.