Janet L. Nieveen, RN, PhD
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
Room CCRT 347
P.O. Box 880220
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220
tel: (402) 472-7337
Dr. Nieveen is an assistant professor at UNMC College of Nursing. She received her bachelors of science, masters of science, and doctoral degrees in nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Nieveen's clinical background includes critical care and medical surgical nursing.
- Extensive undergraduate level classroom and clinical teaching experience in acute care, critical care, and pathophysiology nursing courses
- Teaches research methods course to masters students, and coordinates masters students’ 896 (research) projects
- Serves as a dissertation committee member
Dr. Nieveen’s research focuses on recovery management, symptom management, and physical activity promotion in cardiac patients.
- Served as a Co-Investigator of an NIH/NINR study (2002-2007). Zimmerman, L. (P.I.), Barnason, S., Nieveen, J. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Nursing Research R01 Grant, Symptom Management Intervention in Elderly CABG Patients. 1 R01 NR07759-01A1. Funded $1,225,000.00.
- Served as the P.I. of a UNMC SEED grant, (2002-2004). Nieveen, J. (P.I.), Zimmerman, L., Barnason, S., Hertzog, Home Communication Recovery Management Intervention in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Patients. Funded $25,000.
- Served as a Co-Investigator, (1999-2001). Zimmerman, L.(PI), Barnason, S., Nieveen, J., O’Neil, J., Wheeler, L., McIntosh, D., & Hertzog, M. (Co-Investigators), Use of a Home Communication Device on Postoperative Recovery Outcomes in the Elderly Cardiac Surgical Patient. American Heart Association Grant in Aid, $70,000.
- Member of American Heart Association, American Nurses Association, Nebraska Nurses Association, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau--Gamma Pi, Midwest Nursing Research Society, and Society of Behavioral Medicine.
- Midwest Nursing Research Society – Membership Committee