Kathy J. Morris, DNP, APRN, FNP-C AE-C
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
Dr. Morris received her BSN from the College of St Mary in Omaha, Nebraska, MSN as FNP from Clarkson College in Omaha, Nebraska and her Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) from the University of Kentucky, Lexington Kentucky. She has clinical expertise Emergency Care and Primary Care. Dr. Morris is certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner and Asthma Educator
- NU885: Role Issues for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- NU887: Clinical faculty for FNP student preceptorships
Dr. Morris’s research interests are asthma and exercise induced bronchospasm. She has developed an evidence based algorithm for use in adolescent athletes with asthma.
Dr. Morris is the Director of the Family Health Care Clinic – a Nurse managed clinic that provides care to low income and culturally diverse patients. In addition, she is a Primary Care Provider at Medical Partners of Glenwood and Grape Community Hospital. She is a faculty provider for Sharing Clinic which is staffed and managed by interdisplinary health professions students at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners - Region 7 Director
- Association of Asthma Educators - Board of Directors and Chairperson of the Strategic Planning Committee.
- Omaha Asthma Alliance – Active member and participates on both the Community
- Education Task Force and Professional Education Task force
- Iowa Asthma Coalition
- Sigma Theta Tau International