Louise M. LaFramboise, PhD, RN, CNE
Director, Baccalaureate Nursing Program
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
tel: (402) 559-6535
Dr. LaFramboise is an Associate Professor in the College of Nursing and is also the Director of the Baccalaureate Nursing Program. She received her BSN from Creighton University in Omaha, NE, her MSN from the University of Texas at Arlington, and her PhD from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, CO. Dr. LaFramboise has over 20 years experience in critical care nursing with a special emphasis in heart failure.
- Extensive undergraduate level teaching of classroom and clinical for general medical-surgical nursing and critical care nursing
- Serves as chair for master's and doctoral student research projects
- Received 2006 UNMC Outstanding Teaching Award
Dr. LaFramboise’s current research interests relate to heart failure patients and their family caregivers.
- Serves as PI for "Outcomes for Spousal Caregivers Receiving a Telehealth Social Support intervention"
- Serves as PI for "Impact of Family Caregiving with Heart Failure"
- Serves as Co-I for "Factors Related to Disability in Activities of Daily Living in Persons with Heart Failure"
- Dr. LaFramboise is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the American Nurses' Association, the American Heart Association, the Midwest Nursing Research Society, and the National League for Nursing.
- Dr. LaFramboise also received the UNMC Outstanding Teaching Award in 2006.