Mary L. Filipi, PhD, APRN-NP
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
United States of America
Dr. Filipi is an assistant professor at the College of Nursing. She received her diploma in nursing from Lincoln General School of Nursing and BSN from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing. Her MSN in Nursing Administration and Post-Master’s certificate as a Family Nurse Practitioner were also obtained from the UNMC, College of Nursing. She completed her PhD from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Medical Science Intradepartmental Area in Neuroscience. Dr. Filipi has background in Gyn/Onc, Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and ER nursing but has worked extensively in the area of Multiple Sclerosis over the last 10-12 years in neurology. She is a member of the Clinical Advisory Board of the Midland’s Chapter of the National MS Society and is also an active board member of the International Organization of Multiple Sclerosis Nurses (IOMSN).
- Adult Health & Illness graduate program
Dr. Filipi’s area of research interest relates to the impact of systemic inflammation in multiple sclerosis patients.
Currently funded studies:
- New Concerns About Multiple Sclerosis and Loss of Bone Density, UNMC Clinical Research Center, and Proctor & Gamble Pharmaceutical
- Impact of Resistance Training on Balance in Multiple Sclerosis Patients , UNMC Clinical Research Center and MARS Foundation, Ames, IA.
- Nominee for the Rena Boyle Nursing Excellence Award
- UNMC Chancellor’s Council Silver “U” Award
- 2003 Patient Advocate of the Year – Midlands Chapter, National Multiple Sclerosis Society