Paula Sue Schulz, PhD, RN
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
1230 O St. STE 131
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220
Dr. Schulz is an associate professor at the College of Nursing and received her BSN, MSN, and PhD at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing. Dr. Schulz has many years of clinical and administrative experience in critical care nursing.
- Currently teaching undergraduate Evidence Based Practice and Nursing Research course
- Variety of courses in medical-surgical nursing, critical care, chronic illness, and health assessment for the undergraduate program.
- Teaches leadership courses in the graduate program Serves on PhD dissertation committees and advisor for DNP students
- Research focus has been on family caregivers, symptom management and physical outcomes following cardiac surgery.
- Predicting Physical Outcomes in Elderly CABG Patients, Principal Investigator for NINR funded National Research Training Award (5F31NR009742)
- Served as PI for a pilot study in the Interdisciplinary Healthy Heart Center P20 Grant funded by NINR/NIH titled: Health Outcomes in Spousal Caregivers of Older Adult Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Patients.
- Adult Health and Illness Department, Excellence in Teaching Award, 2002
- Donna Westmoreland Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award, UNMC College of Nursing, 2011
- UNMC Chancellor’s Council Silver “U” Award, 2012
- Pennie Z. Davis Faculty Research Award, UNMC College of Nursing, 2013
- Serves as adjunct member of CHI Health St. Elizabeth Nursing Research Council