|Matthew Goede, M.D.|
Name: Matthew Goede, M.D.
Title: Assistant professor in the section of general surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic General Surgery;
- Robotic Surgery, Bariatric Surgery;
- Gastrointestinal Surgery;
- Esophageal/Gastric Disease; and
- Surgical Critical Care.
Medical degree: M.D. from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Residency: General Surgery Internship/Residency at University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Surgical critical care fellowship, Washington University, St. Louis
- Advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery fellowship, UNMC
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS);
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS);
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES);
- Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons (SLS); and
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM).
Clinic hours: Surgery Clinic, Durham Outpatient Center, Level 5, Mondays (8 a.m. to noon) and Fridays (8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.). Appointments can be made by calling the Surgery Clinic at 559-4017.
All UNMC departments are encouraged to send information on new faculty members to UNMC Today at firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the above format, please include the person's title, specialty, previous position(s), doctoral degree, residency, fellowships and memberships. Also include their clinic hours and a phone number for patients interested in making an appointment. Faculty photos are welcome.