Cleaning schedules to change to reduce energy costsCleaning times for several campus buildings will soon change to allow environmental service workers to maintain facilities during normal business hours to reduce energy expenditures accrued while they clean during off-hours.
"The potential savings is substantial in a lot of campus buildings," said Paula LeGrande, general manager of UNMC Environmental Services. "We appreciate the cooperation of tenants in the affected buildings in helping to make this a smooth transition."
To accommodate patient care, student schedules and daycare operations, cleaning times will change in all UNMC buildings except:
- The Sorrell Center
- Home Instead Center for Successful Aging;
- The UNMC Administration Building;
- The Eye Clinic
- Weigel Williamson Center for Visual Rehabilitation;
- The Student Life Center; and
- Munroe-Meyer Institute/Hattie B. Munroe.
The changes do not apply to The Nebraska Medical Center facilities.