Student spotlight - Mary KaletaEducation is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life.
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
- Name: Mary Kaleta
- Hometown: Wauwatosa, Wis. (it means Firefly in Objibwe)
- Program/Year: Post doctoral pediatric physical therapy resident at Munroe-Meyer Institute.
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Skyfall" by Adele
- "Vertigo" by U2
- "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + the Machine
Name your favorite study spot.
Howlin' Hounds Coffee Shop
What is your favorite study snack?
Peanut butter M&Ms. So bad for you, but oh so good!
What is your favorite app?
The Maps app.
Three things people may not know about you.
- I am a military brat. Both my parents (now retired) were military officers in the Army.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a fighter pilot.
- I rowed for Marquette University's Varsity Women Crew Team all four years of undergrad and now row as a part of the Masters Crew Team with Omaha Rowing Association.