Student spotlight -- Angela AndersonEducation is one of the four pillars of UNMC's mission and our students are the lifeblood of that aspect of campus life.
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
- Name: Angela Anderson
- Hometown: Wakefield, Neb.
- Program: Bachelor of science in nursing, Northern Division
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Better Dig Two" by The Band Perry
- "Begin Again" by Taylor Swift
- "Give Me a Sign" by Breaking Benjamin
Name your favorite study spot.
I have to be totally isolated and comfortable to focus on studying so I lock my bedroom door, get into my pajamas, and climb into bed with my books and notecards. I remember the information better when it is the last thing I see before going to sleep.
Your favorite study snack is .
I eat Mike and Ikes and Skittles while studying. I love chocolate, but I don't like to get chocolate on my notecards!
Your favorite app is ...
I just downloaded Eppocrates for my phone and I love it! It has drug and dosage information. It is very user friendly and is helpful when I'm doing an assignment or need to know some information for clinical.
Three things people may not know about you.
- I served several years in the Army as an interrogator and Korean linguist.
- I only recently became interested in nursing. When I was in high school I worked as a Certified Nurse's Assistant and swore I would never work in the field, but now I'm very excited to be a nurse!
- I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from the University of Alaska in Fairbanks.