Denim for Disabilities set for Jan. 28 - Feb. 25The Meyer Foundation for Disabilities, sponsor of the March 3 Walk and Roll for Disabilities that benefits the Munroe-Meyer Institute, has organized the fifth annual "Denim for Disabilities" campaign at UNMC.
Employees can purchase a "Denim for Disabilities" sticker for a minimum of $1 and wear jeans to work for that day.
Proceeds support recreational therapy programs for adults with disabilities at MMI. Hundreds of families benefit from these services each year.
Contact Kim Bainbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-559-5771 to set up a "Denim for Disabilities" day in your department and obtain stickers.
Those who already have a designated casual dress day can contribute by donating $1 and wearing the sticker. Groups of all sizes are welcome to participate.
- It's easy to organize. Simply ask people to wear jeans and make a donation.
- It promotes teamwork toward a shared goal.
- You can be a secret sponsor for someone else to wear denim.
- It's fun and doesn't disrupt the work day.
- It builds your organization's profile as a community partner.
If you unable to participate in "Denim for Disabilities," please consider donating to the Walk and Roll online.