Information for those with Flexible Spending Accounts

Did you allocate funds into the Flexible spending account (FSA) formerly Reimbursement Account in 2012 for either health care or dependent care costs?

To check your balance, log into Firefly.nebraska.edu and follow the instructions below. Flexible spending account claim forms for 2012 must be submitted to the Benefits Office no later than Friday, March 29 by 4:30 p.m.

If you have any questions concerning your account, contact Amanda Rasco at amanda.rasco@unmc.edu or 402-559-7403.

  • Log into Firefly ) using your user ID and password. If you do not know your user ID or password, please call 559-2899.
  • Click on the Employee Self Service tab at the top.
  • Under the Benefits heading, click on the Flexible Spending Account link.
  • Under Select Flexible Spending Account Plan, please choose either your Health Care or Dependent Care account.
  • Click on the Previous Year tab. This will bring up your 2012 account information.

The account balance is shown in the second column, last line. Below that, there is a list of all the previously submitted claims for 2012.


Fill out the following and your comment will post once it has been approved.

Thank you, your comment will appear below once it has been approved.

FSA Store
January 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

An important change to FSA rules this year is the introduction of the new lower annual Flex Spending Account limit, so it's more important than ever to carefully estimate your annual medical expenses to get the most out of your FSA. This FSA spending website has a useful flex spending calculator, just plug in your information, such as co-pays for doctor visits, how much your prescriptions might cost,and any dental and vision care estimates, to get your total annual FSA-eligible spending, then opt for an FSA plan amount that would cover that total: http://fsastore.com/services/FSAcalculator.aspx