Lookin' at U -- Deb RodawayEach Thursday, we randomly feature a medical center employee.
This week, we learn more about Deb Rodaway, office associate I in the College of Dentistry in Lincoln.
- Name: Deb Rodaway
- Hometown: Born in Superior, Neb., but grew up in Fremont, Neb., and have lived in Lincoln, Neb., for the past 40 years
- No. of years at UNMC: 30 years
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
Located in the Administration area, I serve as a "jack of many trades." My work includes maintaining alumni and personnel files, helping with social events and computer issues, assisting with the accreditation process during the last four site visits (1993, 2000, 2007, 2014), serving as editor of the COD weekly newsletter and assisting the Dean's office as needed.
Being a leader is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed a person or group act as leaders at UNMC.
Individuals at Dentistry stepping up to help organize events when needed (i.e., Dental Day Program, Sharing Clinic, social events, and alumni events).
What is your favorite winter activity?
Playing in the snow and taking a get-away trip to warm weather!
List three things people may not know about you.
- I roller skated in my youth and took lessons for competitive skating.
- One of my sons played baseball at Nebraska and then professional baseball for a few years.
- I have five grandchildren and enjoy spending time with them.
way to go Deb " Gil
Thanks Deb, for sending this article to me. I think back at how much you helped me with all the computer learning and changes we had from time to time. I hope you know how important it was to us and you always helped with a smile! We appreciate you! Erma