Events demand an end to violence against women
|Watch the One Billion Rising video, filmed at Nebraska Methodist College.|
UNMC's Empower program, a Service Learning Academy program through the College of Public Health, is co-sponsoring Omaha's participation in the One Billion Rising global strike against domestic violence against women.
UNMC's observation will be:
- When: Noon to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 14
- Where: Sorrell Center, Room 3002.
- What: Speakers from the Women's Center for Advancement (WCA), formerly the YWCA, and the SANE/SART program, which provides specialized care for sexual assault victims at Methodist Hospital, will provide information about their programs.
The program also will feature belly dancing, audience participation and the sale of T-shirts ($10) and domestic violence awareness wristbands ($2) to raise money for Empower's education sessions and WCA activities.
More on Empower
Empower provides education and basic health screenings to empower women who are victims of domestic violence through knowledge of their personal health. For more information about this student-led and community-engaged legacy project, contact Katie Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the One Billion Rising video
- 4 p.m. at the Josie Harper Campus-Clark Center, Nebraska Methodist College, 720 N. 87th St.
- 2 to 6 p.m., at First United Methodist Church, 7020 Cass St.