Event to answer Affordable Care Act questionsThe Nebraska Department of Insurance will hold an educational session on the Affordable Care Act on campus this week. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday in the Durham Research Center Auditorium.
The session, which is open to the public, will provide an introductory presentation on Health Insurance Exchanges and the role of the state in a federally facilitated marketplace.
The presentation will include:
- The Affordable Care Act and what it means to businesses and individuals.
- What the Health Insurance Marketplace is and where one goes to have questions answered.
- A discussion on open enrollment.
- Small Business Health Options Program (also known as SHOP).
- A discussion on rates.
- Insurance Resources: Insurance agents, navigators and certified application counselors.
At this time, there are no plans to videotape this presentation.
Is this going to be offered again at another time or taped so others that can not attend can view?