Event today addresses Affordable Care Act issuesThe Nebraska Department of Insurance will hold an educational session on the Affordable Care Act on campus today. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Durham Research Center Auditorium.
The session, which is open to the public, will provide an introductory presentation on Health Insurance Exchanges and the role of the state in a federally facilitated marketplace.
The presentation will include:
- The Affordable Care Act and what it means to businesses and individuals.
- What the Health Insurance Marketplace is and where one goes to have questions answered.
- A discussion on open enrollment.
- Small Business Health Options Program (also known as SHOP).
- A discussion on rates.
- Insurance Resources: Insurance agents, navigators and certified application counselors.
In response to the question below, there are currently no plans to record this event.
With this event be recorded so it can be viewed after the session?