Dentistry offers seminars to alumni May 8-11
The annual UNMC College of Dentistry Dental Education Caravan will run from May 8-11. (Photo by Margaret Cain)
The annual UNMC College of Dentistry Dental Education Caravan will feature presentations by:
- Bryan Skar, D.D.S., assistant professor in the department of growth and development, who will present "Contemporary Topics in Pediatric Dentistry."
- Lisa Moravec, coordinator of the West Division Dental Hygiene Program and an assistant professor in the department of dental hygiene, who will present "PICO Questions, Critical Thinking, and Evidence-Based Dentistry -- What's This All About?"
Merlyn Vogt, D.D.S., assistant dean for student affairs, will introduce the speakers and UNMC College of Dentistry Dean Janet Guthmiller, D.D.S., Ph.D., will give a college update.
The programs will run from 1 to 5 p.m. at each of the following locations:
- Monday, May 8: SAC Museum - Ashland, Neb.
- Tuesday, May 9: Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center, Kearney, Neb.
- Wednesday, May 10: Harms Advanced Technology Center, Western Nebraska Community College, Scottsbluff, Neb.
- Thursday, May 11: Sandhills Convention Center (Quality Inn & Suites), North Platte, Neb.
The continuing education caravan is sponsored by the UNMC College of Dentistry and the UNMC College of Dentistry Alumni Association.