New investigator: Aaron Yoder, Ph.D.
Aaron Yoder, Ph.D.
The New Investigator Award
New Investigator Awards go to outstanding UNMC scientists who in the past two years have secured their first funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense or other national sources. New Investigators also had to demonstrate scholarly activity such as publishing their research and/or presenting their findings at national conventions.
- Name: Aaron Yoder, Ph.D.
- Title: Associate professor, UNMC Department of Environmental, Agricultural and Environmental Health, College of Public Health
- Joined UNMC: 2013
- Hometown: Philipsburg, Pa.
Agricultural safety and health
The goal of my research is: To protect agricultural workers from injuries and illnesses, making them healthier and more productive.
My research will make a difference because: Agricultural workers provide the necessities of life. Making them healthier and more productive increases the sustainability of our food, fiber and fuel sources.
The best advice I've ever been given is: Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I grew up working on a small farm in central Pennsylvania.
- I played one year of rugby at Penn State.
- I enjoy coaching youth soccer and baseball -- it is a great way to spend time with my family.