3rd Annual Pursuit to Excellence: Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Management - Enduring Program
Course ID: 22CE00001E
Friday, April 15, 2022
Paid 6.0 ANCC
Registration Starts on Friday, April 15, 2022
Nurses and other health care professionals involved in wound, ostomy, and continence care.
- Describe the indications and management approaches of Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy and why timely referral is essential.
- Discuss complementary wound or ostomy treatment strategies involving skin substitutes, specialty support surfaces, and pharmacotherapeutics to augment the healing and prevention process.
- Demonstrate how the healing touch approach can impact pain and anxiety when undergoing wound and ostomy care.
- Identify helpful resources necessary for interpreting reimbursement opportunities when coding/billing for wound, ostomy, and continence management.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by University of Nebraska Medical Center and the Nebraska Affiliate of the WOCN Society. University of Nebraska Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team
The University of Nebraska Medical Center designates this activity for 6.0 ANCC contact hours. This activity is provided for 1.0 contact hour related to pharmacotherapeutic content. Nurses should only claim credit for the actual time spent participating in the activity.
Requirements For Successful Completion
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must:
- Paid Registration Required,
- Review this Front Matter,
- View ALL 6 presentations under the Recordings tab (no partial credit will be given),
- Complete the post-test with the passing score of at least 80%,
- Complete the online evaluation,
- Upon successful completion of the post-test and evaluation, your certificate will be available to print and save.
Please note, these materials will only be available until April 14th, 2023 at 11:59pm. Participants should only claim credit with the actual time spent attending the learning activity.
As a jointly accredited provider, the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) ensures accuracy, balance, objectivity, independence, and scientific rigor in its educational activities and is committed to protecting learners from promotion, marketing, and commercial bias. Faculty (authors, presenters, speakers) are encouraged to provide a balanced view of therapeutic options by utilizing either generic names or other options available when utilizing trade names to ensure impartiality.
All faculty, planners, and others in a position to control continuing education content participating in a UNMC accredited activity are required to disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies. As defined by the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, ineligible companies are organizations whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The accredited provider is responsible for mitigating relevant financial relationships in accredited continuing education. Disclosure of these commitments and/or relationships is included in these activity materials so that participants may formulate their own judgments in interpreting its content and evaluating its recommendations.
This activity may include presentations in which faculty may discuss off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments not yet FDA-approved. Participants should note that the use of products outside currently FDA-approved labeling should be considered experimental and are advised to consult current prescribing information for FDA-approved indications.
All materials are included with the permission of the faculty. The opinions expressed are those of the faculty and are not to be construed as those of UNMC.
The accredited provider has mitigated and is disclosing identified relevant financial relationships for the following faculty, planners, and others in control of content prior to assuming their roles
Jane Bies, BSN, RN, CHHC, CHTP
Empowered Living, LLC: Owner and Educator of Healing Touch
The below faculty have nothing to disclose:
- Chris Berke, MSN, APRN-NP, CWOCN-AP
- Karen Hollinger, APRN-NP, CWOCN-AP
- Susan Morello, BSN, RN, CWOCN
- Deb Reilly, MD, FACS
The below planning committee members have nothing to disclose:
- Deb Braun, APRN, CWOCN
- Garnet Herbermann, BSN, RN, CWON
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Katherine Lange, BSN, RN, CWON
- Susan Morello, BSN, RN, CWOCN
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Andrea Porter, MSN, RN, CWOCN, CFCN
- Courtney Smith
Please contact Courtney Smith via email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Save the Date!
4th Annual Pursuit to Excellence:
Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Management
Friday, April 21st, 2023
Scott Conference Center, Omaha
NE Affiliate of WOCN
Facebook: Nebraska WOCN Affiliate
Contact: Renee Paulin, MSN , RN, CWOCN
Participants will be able to access online evaluations and print their certificates of attendance. If you have any issues please contact: