Jill Reed, PhD, APRN-NP
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Kearney Division
2402 University Drive
Kearney, NE 68849-4510
tel: (308) 865-8150
Dr. Reed is an Assistant Professor in the College of Nursing - Kearney Division. She obtained her Bachelor of Nursing, Masters of Nursing Degree and PhD from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Her nursing background is in medical-surgical nursing. In addition, she is a Family Nurse Practitioner working in urgent care.
- Dr. Reed currently teaches in the Family Nurse Practitioner program.
- Dr. Reed has taught medical-surgical nursing in both the classroom and clinical setting in the undergraduate program.
- Provider of primary care and urgent care as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Dr. Reed’s research focuses on motivation to lose weight in overweight and obese adults living in rural areas.
- Dr. Reed received the award for best podium presentation at the Seattle Nursing Research Consortium in 2015.
- Dr. Reed received the UNMC College of Nursing Dean’s Award for MNRS Research Poster Presentation in 2014.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioners
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Sigma Theta Tau
- American Nurses Association
- UNMC CON Alumni Association Board member and chair of Awards Committee from 2001-2005.