Margaret (Missy) Ofe Fleck, PhD, RN
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
tel: (402) 559-5061
Dr. Ofe Fleck is an assistant professor in the College of Nursing-Omaha Division. She received her associate degree in nursing from UNMC CON-Lincoln Division, her bachelor's degree in nursing from UNMC CON-Lincoln Division, her master's degree from UNMC CON-Omaha Division, and PhD in Family Sciences from the University of Nebraska. Her clinical background includes the neonatal intensive care, labor and delivery, postpartum, nursery, and pediatric arenas as well as rural health care. Dr. Ofe Fleck joined the faculty at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing-Lincoln Division in 1990 and currently has worked at the Omaha division since 2014.
- Dr. Ofe Fleck has taught courses in professional nursing, pediatrics, obstetrics, patient-centered care courses, leadership, nursing management, and nursing research at the undergraduate level.
- Dr. Ofe Fleck's research and practice focuses on the transition to parenthood with first-time couples and with culturally diverse population groups. She used a qualitative methodology while investigating single, low-income African American fathers with her doctoral dissertation.
- As a member of a College of Nursing, Dr. Ofe Fleck is involved with investigating single, low-income African American fathers, determining effectiveness of crash cart practices in critical access hospitals, and implementing interprofessional education and practice opportunities across multi-disciplines.
- As a faculty member, Dr. Ofe Fleck is involved in securing clinical sites and conducting undergraduate clinical rotations in the neonatal intensive care unit, and the labor/delivery, postpartum, and nursery units in Omaha, NE.
- 2013 Sigma Theta Tau International-Gamma Pi At-Large Chapter
Chapter Leaders Recognition
- 2010 November 2010 Chancellor’s Council Silver “U” Award
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2009 2009 Outstanding Nurse Educator
Nebraska Nurses Association
- 2008 Kathryn Sandahl Philp Award for Creativity and Innovation
University of Nebraska Medical College of Nursing
- 2007 Certificate of Recognition for Contributions to Student’s Award UNL Parents Association and UNL Teaching Council
- 2004 Excellence in Service Award
Presented by St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center – Perinatal Department
- Member - American Nurses Association/Nebraska Nurses Association
- Member-Sigma Theta Tau Internationl - Gamma Pi At-Large Chapter-Nu Rho Chapter