Rowen Zetterman, M.D., to direct faculty mentorship development
|Rowen Zetterman, M.D.|
The goals of this newly created director position are to partner with UNMC colleges and institutes in:
- promotion of professional development and retention of faculty;
- facilitation of attainment of individual career goals at UNMC;
- enhancement of faculty job satisfaction;
- assisting of junior faculty in prioritizing and work-life balance needed for a successful academic career; and
- identification and institution of national best practices models in faculty mentoring.
Dr. Zetterman is an internist, gastroenterologist and hepatologist, as well as a professor of internal medicine at UNMC. He is dean emeritus, Creighton University School of Medicine and a former chief of staff for the Nebraska-Western Iowa VA Health Care System. He was vice chair for clinical operations in the department of internal medicine at UNMC prior to becoming chief of staff.
He has served in leadership positions as:
- president of the American College of Gastroenterology;
- chair of both the Board of Governors and the Board of Regents of the American College of Physicians (ACP);
- president of the Metropolitan Omaha Medical Society; and
- president of the Nebraska Medical Association.
He is currently a member of the Board of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and an ACP delegate to the American Medical Association (AMA), where he is a past-chair of the AMA Council on Legislation.
Rowen, you do not look a day older that when we were students at UNMC. Best wishes to you. Dick Fitch