Olson Center for Womens Health Webinar Series "Mental Health and the Energy of Words: It is Imperative to Transform the Narrative"
Course ID: 22OL00024e
Launch Date: Wednesday June 1st, 2022
Expires On: Wednesday May 31st, 2023
Free 1.0 ANCC
Registration Starts on Wednesday June 1st, 2022
This live activity is intended for nurses and other interested health care providers.
- At the conclusion of this live activity, the participants should be better able to:
- Discuss why it's imperative to transform the narrative from one which "fights the stigma of mental illness" to one which creates mental health awareness
- Create awareness of words and language used, when engaged in dialogue about mental health, so it's never viewed the same way again
- Develop a more strengths-based, hope-filled, recovery-focused language which invites individuals to move towards greater mental health and wellness
Requirements For Successful Completion
In order to receive continuing education credits, you must complete these steps prior to the activity expiration date.
- Read this front matter information,
- Complete a brief profile on the registration page,
- View the entire webinar recording,
- Complete the post-test and pass with a score of 2 out of 3 or better,
- Complete the online evaluation,
- Click “Claim Certificate”,
- You may now print a copy of your certificate for your records. You may also click on File, Save As, to save the certificate to your PC.
Any questions regarding credit, please contact Courtney Smith 402-559-6618 or email@example.com
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by University of Nebraska Medical Center and Olson Center for Women's Health. University of Nebraska Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center designates this activity for 1.0 ANCC contact hour. Nurses should only claim credit for the actual time spent participating in the activity.
As a jointly accredited provider, the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) ensures accuracy, balance, objectivity, independence, and scientific rigor in its educational activities and is committed to protecting learners from promotion, marketing, and commercial bias. Faculty (authors, presenters, speakers) are encouraged to provide a balanced view of therapeutic options by utilizing either generic names or other options available when utilizing trade names to ensure impartiality.
All faculty, planners, and others in a position to control continuing education content participating in a UNMC accredited activity are required to disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies. As defined by the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, ineligible companies are organizations whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The accredited provider is responsible for mitigating relevant financial relationships in accredited continuing education. Disclosure of these commitments and/or relationships is included in these activity materials so that participants may formulate their own judgments in interpreting its content and evaluating its recommendations.
This activity may include presentations in which faculty may discuss off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments not yet FDA-approved. Participants should note that the use of products outside currently FDA-approved labeling should be considered experimental and are advised to consult current prescribing information for FDA-approved indications.
All materials are included with the permission of the faculty. The opinions expressed are those of the faculty and are not to be construed as those of UNMC.
The accredited provider has mitigated and is disclosing identified relevant financial relationships for the following faculty, planners, and others in control of content prior to assuming their roles:
The below faculty have nothing to disclose:
- Havalynn Russell, CPSS
The below planning committee members have nothing to disclose:
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Lana Molczyk, MA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Courtney Smith
No commercial support was received for this activity.
Participants will be able to access online evaluations and print their certificates of attendance for 14 days after the conference. If you need a copy of your certificate after this date: