Sheri Rowland, PhD, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
550 N 19th Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0620
Dr. Rowland is an assistant professor and advanced practice family nurse practitioner. Dr. Rowland received a bachelors of science degree in biology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a bachelors of science in nursing from Union College in Lincoln, a masters of science degree in nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center-Kearney Division, and a PhD in nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Rowland has over 20 years of clinical practice in nursing, particularly with cardiovascular disease treatment and prevention.
- Evidence-Based Practice & Leadership in Nursing
- Research interests include physical activity behavior, cardiovascular risk, and social and occupational influences on health behaviors
- Principal investigator on the NIH/NINR (F31NR016174) funded study titled: Peer Intervention to Increase Physical Activity Behavior among Working Women.
- Family Practice Nurse Practitioner at Children’s Hospital & Medical Center’s employee health clinic.
- American Heart Association
- Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Society of Behavioral Medicine
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioner